BRAIN Campus & Heritage
The Brain building is one of the few still existing examples of industrial Bauhaus architecture and is as such classified as a landmark of Germany’s industrial heritage.
It was designed and erected by Dr. Georg Fehleisen (1893-1938), a former student of Prof. Paul Bonatz at the Technical University Stuttgart. Its highly functional layout follows the philosophy of the Bauhaus school of arts developed in the twenties by Dr. Walter Gropius (1883-1969).
With the new plant finalised in 1935 the former Director of the Fissan Corporation, Dr. Arthur Sauer, implemented an exemplary and visionary concept of industrial culture, since the complex also included staff housing and recreational facilities.